- My mom had a hip replacement 6 weeks or so ago. She’s doing really well, and I’ve learned a bunch of new things (like How to Find the Mailboxes, because we need a new Netflix movie)
- Being into doing housework and learning lots of new life skills means it’s really hard to sit down and write—which wouldn’t be so bad except for the game review I should probably get done.
- Said game I should be reviewing is Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness. Naturally, I jumped down the Rabbit Hole of Procrastination and Party Collecting that is the Disgaea-verse postgame. (Then again, I’m still playing it after 130+ hours, so…thumbs up?)
- All this video game playing means I’ve listened to a lot of Welcome to Night Vale.
- I’d really like to get this review written, though, because festivids opens for signups soon! I am excited! (Too excited. I started clipping already.)
Fandoms: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Disgaea
Word count: 155
Content notes: (skip) death.
( Good alcohol is hard to find when you're a demon, dood )
The bad news: It is TERRIBLE. One of the Disgaea demons decides to take over the human world and Laharl (who may or may not be Overlord) cannot let this stand, because if anyone is going to take over the humans, it's him. So he takes Etna to get the rogue demon back, and Etna keeps trying to assassinate Laharl, as is her way. And Azula and Toph (and possibly June) are the only people who can stop ALL of them. (For the Disgaea definition of "stop," which is "have some jerks you don't like force themselves onto your team.") Then, if Laharl isn't Overlord, they all go to kill his dad and, thus, shatter Disgaea canon into pieces.Who is this rogue demon who could spell the world's doom? Horror of horrors, it is AXEL.
*weeps in shame*
*By which I mean, the best final boss ever. This is why I can't get Disgaea crossovers with A:TLA to work: all the characters know they're in a video game. And because A:TLA's villain progression is very video game-like, I keep thinking there must be A Way.
*In my defense, the former is for work and in the latter DS!Laharl is strong enough to take entire Item Worlds on his own, including one with 100 floors. That was before I figured out where the Cave of Ordeals was and he got to level 1100+ by clearing the same map, like, one hundred times. Which is not really defensible at all, considering that Disgaea 4 is for WORK.